Old Fox Young Fox explores the concept of the Circular Economy with Peter Desmond, Strategic Advisor to both companies and communities seeking to adapt and survive in our ever changing world.
Ask a 10 year old in today’s world, and they will tell you about climate change and how we all need to recycle. In this episode, Old Fox Young Fox digs deeper to explore how businesses and communities could evolve beyond a produce, use and throw away economy - by adopting a circular approach.
Topics covered include;
- What is the Circular Economy?
- How does it differ from our current Linear Economy?
- What can we learn from innovation in the Developing world?
- How is our world changing and what can we do about it?
- Practical advice for “treading lightly” on the planet
- Circular Brighton & Hove
- Kiva.org Microlending site
About our guest
Peter Desmond is a Strategic Advisor to business and local government on the Circular Economy. With extensive experience working in the Developing world (particularly in South Africa), Peter draws on innovation spawned from necessity and applies learnings to tackling issues around sustainability, profitability and ethics.
Contacting our guest
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/peterdesmondce/
Support the show
As an independent podcast, Old Fox Young Fox is listener-funded. You can support the show via Patreon: https://donate.oldfoxyoungfox.com.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp