Technology is disrupting our world at unimaginable speed. Its impact on society is often unforeseen, both for good and for bad. In this episode of Old Fox Young Fox, Designer, futurist and author Cennydd Bowles helps us navigate this moral maze together.
Questions posed include:
- Do Tech companies and individuals have any moral or ethical responsibility for the impact of their technologies?
- How does society protect itself when we have neither the knowledge or technical expertise to understand what’s going on?
- Has the battle already been lost?
- NowNext studio: https://nownext.studio/
- Book: Future Ethics by Cennydd Bowles: https://nownext.studio/future-ethics
- Book: Sprint by Jake Knapp: https://www.thesprintbook.com/
- Ethical Design Sprint Workshops: https://nownext.studio/ethics-workshop
- Book: Book: Moralising technology by Peter-Paul Verbeek: shorturl.at/adB36
- "Fostering an ethically courageous culture" by Philip Zimbardo: shorturl.at/dmnCY
About our guest:
Cennydd Bowles is a designer, futurist and author whose experience includes working with Twitter, Samsung, The BBC and Google. He has lectured at Stanford University, Facebook and has been an invited expert to the UN. Cennydd is a commentator on ethics for The Guardian, MIT Press, WIRED and the Wall Street Journal. He is the author of Future Ethics and runs ethical design studio NowNext.
Support the show
As an independent podcast, Old Fox Young Fox is listener-funded. You can support us via Patreon: https://donate.oldfoxyoungfox.com.