This episode of Old Fox Young Fox tackles international aid, with the help of industry insider Catherine Fitzgibbons. We explore a very different perspective on Africa and the role of Development Aid in this fascinating conversation.
With the pressure on the NHS and funding for schools, shouldn’t we be looking after our own before spending money on Aid to Africa?
African culture still respects the wisdom of the Elders. With 75% of the population under the age of 30 what’s happening to the traditional African respect and role for the wisdom of the Elders?
- Does the African tradition of 'Ubuntu' potentially provide us with a 21 Century inclusive model for managing our economy?
- What can our socially and economically deprived Regions learn from our experiences of Aid to Africa?
- Microlending via Kiva: https://kiva.org
- ID and credit checks. Blockchain as a potential solution
- Lending $15 USD and a mobile phone to provide the means for entrprenuers to build their own future
- M-Pesa mobile money transfer
- The Food Aid dilemma
- Save The Children
- The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
About our guest
Catherine Fitzgibbons is an International Development Consultant with a lifetime of experience in NGOs including Country leadership with Save the Children and most recently, consulting for the World Bank, The World Health Organisation and UK local bodies.
Contacting our guest
Catherine can be reached via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/catherine-fitzgibbon-33997048/
Subscribe to Old Fox Young Fox:
Support the show
As an independent podcast, Old Fox Young Fox is listener-funded. You can support us via Patreon: https://donate.oldfoxyoungfox.com.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp